Bridget Islas is shown her with her mother Patricia
To describe our Sickles High School Super Star, Bridget Islas, as active is an understatement. This young lady is goal oriented and committed to making a difference in her community and peoples lives.
Her goal is to become physician with a specialty in the field of Neuroscience as she is very interested in the inner working of the brain and psyche. She plans to enter USF in the fall majoring in pre-med with a follow on path through the Morsani College of Medicine CORE program which offers residency training.
Among the things she has done in her high school career at Sickle to prepare for her future include:
- Ranked 11th in senior class (out of 480 students)
- Member of National Honors Society (2012-2015)
- Member of Spanish National Honors Society (2011- 2015)
- Was a 2015 Tampa Tribune Scholar
- Member of Sickles High School Symphony and Concert Orchestra (Violin)
- Historian of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (2012-2015)
- Event Coordinator of Optimiss (all-girls service club) (2012-2014)
- Volunteered with Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful, an non-profit environmental organization, for the past 4 years as a Junior Site Captain and summer intern
So here’s a girl with a solid plan and a solid record of performance to back that up. We’re proud to be a small part of that future. Good luck, Bridget!